This project is read-only.

Error loading MS Query

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:20 AM
Hi!

Downloaded the tool recently. Liked it and the features therein. very helpful. however there is a help I need. MS query does not load. The message box saying that MS query is loading stays on. I use office 2003. I have the office update sp3 also installed and the required OWC11. If any one could let me know what is wrong with the installation or the particular feature in question.

warm regards,

santhosh
Mar 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hi! Glad you liked it. Can't really say why msquery won't start for you. But I can describe how it is implemented in the tool it might give you a hint where to look at in your installation.

1. First I try connect with dde to msquery yes that is the way to communicatte with msquery. If that failes i look in the registry to see where it is supposed to be 
  2. SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Shared Tools\\MSQuery\\Path should say where the program is installed
  3. Then i just start the exe with createprocess
  4. Now I try to get a handle again

Otherwise it shouldnt be so big problem just start the exe the name is msqry32.exe, normaly file is at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
God luck

/Magnus

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM
There is more problems I am facing now. I cannot create a new folder. While naming the new folder the application does not recognise anything I type. Message pops up asking to name the folder.
If I ignore the message and exit a folder is created but without any name. Besides I cant look into the folder or create reports in the folder. Anything wrong with the installation? Except to browse thru the examples provided with the software I cant do anything. I am sort of stuck . need help to resolve this issue(s).

regards,

santhosh

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:39 AM, emap <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi! Glad you liked it. Can't really say why msquery won't start for you. But I can describe how it is implemented in the tool it might give you a hint where to look at in your installation.

1. First I try connect with dde to msquery yes that is the way to communicatte with msquery. If that failes i look in the registry to see where it is supposed to be 
  2. SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Shared Tools\\MSQuery\\Path should say where the program is installed
  3. Then i just start the exe with createprocess
  4. Now I try to get a handle again

Otherwise it shouldnt be so big problem just start the exe the name is msqry32.exe, normaly file is at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
God luck

/Magnus

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (InfoRpt@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email InfoRpt@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM
There is more problems I am facing now. I cannot create a new folder. While naming the new folder the application does not recognise anything I type. Message pops up asking to name the folder.
If I ignore the message and exit a folder is created but without any name. Besides I cant look into the folder or create reports in the folder. Anything wrong with the installation? Except to browse thru the examples provided with the software I cant do anything. I am sort of stuck . need help to resolve this issue(s).

regards,

santhosh
Mar 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Hi again!

If U are using Windows Vista I would recommend you to download once more since the installation package didn't took care of Windows Vista in the first install package.

U are not supposed to create folders with this tool, this tool only writes the reports int th reportpath C:\Documents and Settings\xxyy\Application Data\InfoReporter\Reports\
and saves the datasources in the C:\Documents and Settings\xxyy\Application Data\InfoReporter\Data\ folder

If U would like to share between several users I would set up
One developer path for this. Example G as a shared folder, in swedish often G is used for Common
G:\Dev\InfoReporter\Data
G:\Dev\InfoReporter\Reports
On theese folders developers have both read & write access and dev people change path by them selfs in the tool
When moving from develop to user U only copy content of folder and change restriction to read.
then one user folder
G:\User\InfoReporter\Data
G:\User\InfoReporter\Reports
Here there's only read access on all files here, but there's read & write access on folder for all users.
God luck again

There's a database version as well but not for free yet

/Magnus
Nov 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Yes, there is a way round this, but it can be complicated - I believe what you are doing is running the query together, so that when you set up the query, there are three tables in the query? I am also guessing that you have ID's and every thing to link up the tables?

The easiest way round it is to do sub forms in the report. If you set up the report so that you have just then name of the person and any IDs required, you can then set up one sub-form to get all the A-Level result that match the id.

You can then set up another subform to catch all the degree level result - a separate subform, so that the results are not 'bunching-up' on each other.

I do this all the time - the result you are getting are perfectly correct as the query returns on one table in effect, so you have to separate them completely.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Error loading MS Query. Hi! Downloaded the tool recently. ... MS query does not load. The message box saying thatMS query is .

[url=http://www.microsoftoffice-2010.com/] Download Microsoft 2010 [/url]