Creating user permission

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Hello comunity

1-I would like to know if is possible when i build a report to assign the same to specific SQL user or SQL server user permission.
2-Also, when i open a report , is it possible to open a dialog box to introduce : USERNAME and PASSWORD.
3-How to make a backup of all the report to prevent loosing data. i need to identify PATH and Type of Files to backup.

Many thanks
Luis Santos
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM
1-I would like to know if is possible when i build a report to assign the same to specific SQL user or SQL server user permission.
    No this is not possible, at this point only trusted connection is available, will be possible in next minor release     
    where you will be able to put all Metadata in SQL database as well, so it will be easier to share reports between users

2-Also, when i open a report , is it possible to open a dialog box to introduce : USERNAME and PASSWORD.
    No this is not possible at this point. Will not add it right now

3-How to make a backup of all the report to prevent loosing data. i need to identify PATH and Type of Files to backup.
    If you go to Manage Path you will se 2 path 
    ReportPath C:\Documents and Settings\xxyy\Application Data\InfoReporter\Reports\
    Here is where all reports will be saved
    Datasource Path C:\Documents and Settings\xxyy\Application Data\InfoReporter\Data\
    Here is where all localcubes and datasources will be saved
    InfoReport.xml         this file contains all metadata about the reports
    InfoReportDS.xml    this file contains all metadata about the datasources
    xxyy.xml                   this file contains all metadata about the personell reports